"The Partner" headed for the big screen

"The Partner" headed for the big screen

Screenwriter Ann Peacock (The Chronicles of Narnia, Kit Kittredge: An American Girl, Nights in Rodanthe) has been hired to write the movie adaptation of John Grisham’s 1997 novel “The Partner”.

The project, from Oscar-winning producer Bob Chartoff (Rocky) and newcomer Velocity Management, centers on a disillusioned lawyer who steals $90 million from his law firm, stages his own death and successfully disappears for several years. What at first seems to be a brilliant white-collar crime is further complicated by a murder charge.

Chartoff and Lynn Hendee will produce for Chartoff Prods., while Grant Turck and Mark Bethea will produce for Velocity. Pernille Trojgaard of Buttercookie Prods. put together the initial financing and will executive produce.

Other Grisham novels to be turned into feature films include “The Firm”, “The Client”, “A Time To Kill”, “The Rainmaker” and “Runaway Jury”.

• October 19, 2008 at 12:57 AM ANU CN

i sure hope leonardodi caprio plays d lead..

• November 24, 2008 at 10:52 AM Mike

“The Partner” as a film – this will be a great movie! I hope that the movie making crew is good enough.

• February 14, 2009 at 9:57 PM Pablo Molina

I think Christian Bale is an actor capable of doing this leading role, because he is a chamaleon… You can see The Machinist to prove this.
    pm

• March 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM Gerson

I have read the book and I am looking forward to watching this movie. I hope that everything they that is portrayed on the book could be really identical on the film.

• April 7, 2009 at 2:11 PM A Mendoza

This would make an incredibly good movie if done true to the book. However, I would imagine that a studio would have a hard time greenlighting a movie with the poetically just ending of The Partner.

• June 2, 2009 at 4:25 PM Kate S

This is my all time favorite Grisham. I cannot wait. I think someone like Leo or Robert Downey Jr would be fanastic, with Eva played by Maria Bello, or Penelope Cruz.

• October 31, 2009 at 4:20 PM George

I first read “The Rainmaker” in 1996, my first JG novel and quickly discovered why his novels had been dubbed “literary crack.” I read a variety of literature, non-fiction primarily, and look forward to reading a cerebral page-turner once or more a year. John Grisham’s novels have always provided me that opportunity. After having read fourteen to date, “The Partner” is by far and away my favorite (spurring in addition an avid interest in Brazil). I’ve always wondered why a screenplay and film did not follow. The story and lead role will probably propel at least one or two actors’ respective careers. My hope is that creative people can work as a cohesive group to successfully bring this story to the screen.

• January 2, 2010 at 7:07 AM A.A

did this movie come out yet? if yes please can anyone please tell me when it did and under what title! thank you!

• January 4, 2010 at 2:50 PM Rasmus

IMDb says that the movie should come out sometime this year. No more details though.

• January 9, 2010 at 9:46 PM brad nutter

Great book, couldnt put it down, Eva Menendez MUST play Eva….

• January 30, 2010 at 10:51 AM Joseph Askew

Just finished “The Partner” which was my favorite Grisham book yet. Do the movie but please stay true to the book. Action scenes must be dramatic to hold broad audience attention.

• March 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM Donald Sheffield

Was the partner ever releaded as a movie?