John Grisham e-books available soon!

John Grisham e-books available soon!

Update: John Grisham e-books now available!

Publishers like HarperCollins, Random House and Simon & Schuster say that so far sales of e-books for any device — including simple laptop downloads — constitute less than 1 percent of total book sales. But there are signs of momentum. The publishers say sales of e-books have tripled or quadrupled in the last year.

Even authors who were once wary of selling their work in bits and bytes are coming around. After some initial hesitation, authors like Danielle Steel and John Grisham are soon expected to add their titles to the e-book catalog, their agents say.

“E-books will become the go-to-first format for an ever-expanding group of readers who are newly discovering how much they enjoy reading books on a screen,” said Markus Dohle, chief executive of Random House, the world’s largest publisher of consumer books.

• January 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM Pradnya Lokapur

I like books written by John Grisham.

• January 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM Arlene Schmuhl

I’ve had my Kindle for about a year now and have not read a single paper book since then. I am really happy to hear that John Grisham is going to publish this way – I have missed his writing.

• January 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM Joe Zeringue

We are waiting for the e-books.

Thanks

• January 26, 2009 at 3:05 AM Rachell Coe

I’ve been reading ebooks for over 3 years and haven’t read a paper book since (I’ve even gotten rid of my lamp because my pocket pc has the lighting). Having always been a HUGE John Grisham fan, I’ve missed his writing so am very pleased to hear he plans to offer his books in ebook format — I have a lot of catching up to do!

• January 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM Tim Penney

I have purchased several books in the last few weeks for my iPod Touch and find that the reading experience is as good as a real book. The real benefit is that I can carry around dozens of books in my pocket and read then anywhere.

If The Associate was available in e-book format, I would buy it today.

The size of the iPod Touch/iPhone and their market coverage should really increase the demand for e-books. I certainly wouldn’t bother with the overlarge and limited use Sony device.

• January 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM Gregory

I have recently bought the Sony 700 E-Reader and I am hooked. I don’t know if I will ever buy another novel again in any other format. I am a voracious reader and go through about a novel a week. I will never buy another one in hard cover so break it loose people. Get the new novels out there on ebook format or else you will lose the sale until its down to $7.99 in a year.

• January 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM DL Lite

This situation is very similar to the record companies that would not allow their music to be offered by sites like iTunes early on. The move to digital media is inevitable. For those of us who already own portable digital devices, it seems to be an easy decision for the publishers. But like the record companies, the publishers hide so much of their profits in manufacturing, it’s hard to let go. Come on Mr. Grisham, embrace your future!

• January 31, 2009 at 4:46 PM Todd

I went down to the public library and checked out The Associate (umm…for FREE)and have already read it and moved on. It’s a great read.

• January 31, 2009 at 6:39 PM Dee

I have a Kindle and love it so much. I am a great fan of John Grisham and have read all of his books over the years. I was just sick when I found out I was unable to download “The Associate” onto my Kindle. Please fix this for all of your devoted readers who have jumped on the new style of reading all of our favorite authors. Thanks!

• January 31, 2009 at 9:10 PM Marty Turner

i too have a Kindle & no longer read paper books. Would love to be able to download Grisham’s new book.

• February 2, 2009 at 8:38 PM Laverne

I agree with the other comments regarding John Grisham’s books. I have read all his books and always buy them when they first hit the stands. I guess I’ll have to wait until JG gets on the ebook bandwagon. HURRY

• February 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM Terry

Funny that I did not notice that Grisham was absent on the Kindle until today. I thought I might buy The Associate but since it was missing I just bought something else.

It is understandable that the book publishers are fearful of the Kindle. It is being adopted at a more rapid rate than the iPod and it does probably mean book publishing will be changed in the same way that music publishing has been.

• February 15, 2009 at 9:03 AM Linda

I too have a Kindle that I love, but when I encounter price or availabilty issues I head off to my pupblic library and enjoy reading those books for free.

The public library is a great resource for helping curb costs while still enjoying your favorite authors.

• March 4, 2009 at 5:51 PM Jerry

Good news on the forthcoming e-books!

• March 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM BobJ

I seriously doubt the Kindle is “being adopted at a more rapid rate than the [sic] iPod.” Firstly, I’m guessing the writer of that statement meant “iPhone,” or “iTouch,” since the iPod is not designed for displaying text and isn’t set up to accept 3rd party eBook software. Secondly, I absolutely guarantee you that Kindle will never sell as many units as there are iPhone/ iTouch. However, I would not be surprised that a small percentage of iPhone/iTouch owners actually downloaded an ereader app to read books. Since the Kindle is a single-use device, we know that everyone who owns one is using it to read books, but with a multi-use device like the iPhone/.. I doubt very many owners bought one primarily for reading books. Still, as more authors and publishers get on board with the digital format and ebooks become more mainstream, I wouldn’t be surprised if iPhone/.. ebook readers eventually outnumber the single-use device ebook readers. Of course I could be wrong.

• March 19, 2009 at 10:42 AM Julia

I wish they would just do it already. I love my ereader and refuse to pay so much for the paper books that clutter my home, I love John Grisham, and was just saying he should put his books as ebooks, his new one is out and I really want to read it . Not paying 30 dollars for the hardcover though.

I think the ebooks are the new wave I got my ereader as soon as it was available and so many people are getting them now. for the avid reader it’s great, as well for a traveller I only bring it when i go away. dont’ have to lug so many books with me anymore.

• March 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM Gillian

When oh when, as this has been ongoing for ages. I have been putting off buying his new title in hardback. My Sony E-Reader will be lost if it doesn’t have John Grisham books on it.

• June 2, 2009 at 8:25 PM George

“Grisham books coming in e-format”. I have been hearing this for more than 7 months now. What is the hold-up? I, too, have been holding off buying his newest book, hoping it was coming to the Kindle. Well???? As my wise old grandma used to say, “Go or get off the pot”!

• June 10, 2009 at 5:14 PM Matt S.

My wife and I both use the Kindle app on our iPod touches. We have read more books in the past two months than we did in the previous two years. I think the only thing keeping the Kindle for iPhone from being more widespread is the lack of advertising for it. I happened across it by accident and told my wife about it. Most people I’ve talked to never even thought to look for an e-book reader app for theirs.

That said, we are both looking forward to the day when we can purchase Mr. Grisham’s books in the Kindle format.

• July 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM Cheryl B

This announcement was made Dec. 24, 2008. Is is now July 27, 2009. When is the release planned?

• August 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM jeni

Well, now its Aug 18 and no sign of Grisham ebooks!That’s so frustrating. I would really love to read his books on my Sony Reader. So disappointing…

• August 22, 2009 at 2:07 AM Bettye

Come on John lets get er done! I miss reading your books.

• October 2, 2009 at 8:53 PM Carl Fitzsimmons

Let’s start a chant: JOHN, EBOOKS, JOHN, EBOOKS, JOHN, EBOOKS, JOHN, EBOOKS

• October 3, 2009 at 1:08 PM Jeff

My wife and I have converted to ebooks, me to the Sony, her to the Kindle. I have all of Grisham’s books in hardback, except the last one which I will not purchase until it is available electronically. I will donate all of the hardbacks to a local library and re-purchase all other Grisham books as soon as they are available (which I have already done with my Baldacci collection)

• October 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM Elvia Letrma

When will John Grisham books be ready for the
    sony book reader

• November 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM Julie Richardson

I’m really disppointed in John’s book “The Associate”. It’s boring in may places & does no hold my interest. It’s like a rookie author’s first book.
    The first book he did write, “A Time to Kill” was extremely better. The book was hard to put down & stayed in one’s thought when not reading the book.

• November 9, 2009 at 1:05 PM CJ Clanton

Like Jeff above I have also been replacing all of my ‘paper’ books with E versions on my Kindle. I have been so thrilled with the capabilities of my e-reader that I’ve updated everything from my recently finished Left Behind series all the way back to the King and Koontz books I read in high school. I will be thrilled to re-purchase my favorite John Grisham books as soon as they become available and my local library has benefitted as well through my donations. I hope that more and more authors will realize that e-books encourage people to read (and purchase) MORE books, not less.

• December 5, 2009 at 8:17 AM Anamika Joshi

This is so cool… I don’t have kindle with me…And i generally prefer having books in my book shelves…But perhaps i would like to try this out…Great device! Regarding John Grisham, I recently purchased “Ford County”..Really nice and thrilling short story collection… For now I purchased the physical book from an online store…They were running some offer on the book…. 🙂

Happy Reading to all!!!
    Anamika Joshi

• December 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM Karen

We r all waiting. What’s the hold up? Git er done is right!!!

• December 28, 2009 at 9:34 PM Mchristian

Still waiting on Johns books for E format. I have a Sony Ebook reader Prs-700! I have all of his books on paper copy…I would love to re-read them all on my Ebook reader.

• December 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM Ruth

I will not buy any books unless they are ebooks…. I believe many others feel the same way. PLEASE hurry up with the ebooks for Grisham.

• December 30, 2009 at 4:48 PM WH Jones

Need to get on board with the ebook. I enjoy John’s novels and would buy some to read, but they are unavailable as an ebook, which is my prefered reading method these days. I haven’t read a Grisham novel since The Partner for that very reason.

• December 31, 2009 at 4:36 AM Alex H

Just buy them here

Not mine by the way, but I suspect this is illegal. Unfortunately eBay don’t care unless you are the intellectual property owner

• January 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM Jerald J. Pierce

I have read every single book John Grisham has ever published; I love his work. BUT, ALAS, I have followed the crowd to ebooks and “John is not there”. WOE, what shall I do? I surely thought he would come into the 21st Century with the rest of us. I know, I know, it’s all about money and I don’t blame him; but, I believe that it is time to “…go to the light”.

• February 1, 2010 at 6:43 PM Rebekah

It’s a shame that so many ebook readers are deprived of John Grisham’s work. Please, please, please follow the technology Mr. Grisham… we’re all waiting to read your books once again (minus the paper and ink of course).

• February 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM Erin

I really wish that Grisham’s books were available on the Kindle Store. I would buy every last one of them. I have to take my dad to dialysis appointments three times a week and it would be great to have my Kindle with my favorite author all on there.

• March 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM David

I buy all of my books online now. I read them with the Kindle reader in my iPhone. I have multiple books with me at all times as my phone is with me at all times. I can “open” any book and read it where ever I am, night or day.

So, any books that John Grisham publishes and I want to read, I will want to see them as a Kindle download.

• March 7, 2010 at 4:36 AM Torben Sorensen

I have been reading EBook’s for the last three to four years, and was very disapointed when the Geographic blocade was introduced, so one, I’m waiting for the blocade to be lifted, and two, I’m waiting for great Authors like John Grishaw to catch up with the times, because that’s the way for the future. So hurrey up John, I’m waiting to get stuck into your Books. I’ve just finished The Associates, which was given to me as a present, so I want more of the kind.
    Regards,
    Torben

• March 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM Comfort A

Grisham’s books are hard to put down. Can’t wait to read the associate online. Would love to read his first kid’s book.

• March 21, 2010 at 7:21 PM Booky1

Like many other Grisham fans, I eagerly await the digital alternative.
    I note that many of your USA readers prefer the Kindle which is tied to Amazon, but it is not available in UK. In Britain the Sony Reader is the norm, particularly as – unlike Kindle – it is multi platform.
    Please take this into account when you go the ebook route and make your titles available beyond the Amazon monopoly. Cheers!