John Grisham and Random House are close to an e-book deal with Amazon

John Grisham and Random House are close to an e-book deal with Amazon

John Grisham is working with Random House to finalize a deal with Amazon that would release all 22 of his titles in e-book format.

According to his literary agent, who apparently didn’t tell Grisham’s publisher Random House about the plans, the author’s 22 novels will be accessible in all e-book varieties, including Amazon’s Kindle.

David Gernert, Grisham’s agent, told the Wall Street Journal: “There was a period when John and I felt it was a good idea to watch the world of e-books evolve before diving in. Now that it’s a more mature marketplace, he will be available very soon in all digital formats.”

While there doesn’t appear to be many reliable figures on how many e-books are sold every year, the space is considered the fastest growing segment of the publishing world. A rep for Random House told the WSJ that the publisher would be “thrilled” to bring Grisham’s works to e-book readers.

• February 22, 2009 at 7:02 PM Linda

Glad to see John Grisham is finally going to publish in e-book format. I am a big fan and have purchased every book he has written in hardcover. I just purchased a Kindle in November and now prefer that format. I will not buy “The Associate” until it is available for my Kindle.

• February 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM Lynetta Mosby

I am a diehard Grisham fan and a fellow Arkanasian. I was glad to read that a deal is in the works for the E-reader. I have a Sony E-reader I purchased in April, 2008 and I love it, but I was disappointed that I was not able to get Mr. Grisham’s books, because of that I have missed out on some great reading. Will this deal include Sony’s E-reader or just Amazon’s Kindle?

Sincerely,
    Lynetta Mosby

• April 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM Joe Blow

Its coming up on May…let’s get the books up on Kindle and eReader already before you lose more money. People with Kindles and eReaders who want to download a Grisham novel and can’t will find other authors to read on their eReader/Kindle.

• July 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM Kevin

It’s coming up on mid-July 2009. What’s the big holdup? Just release the ebooks already!

• August 18, 2009 at 10:41 AM Lynnette Johnson Williams

I own every book you’ve written to date. In the early years, I would always buy my Grisham books on the first day of issue — even going to a bookstore in Greenbelt, MD at 12:01 am — just after the first one sold at Square Books in Oxford. I LOVE my Kindle and I LOVE John Grisham. I am running out of room for books at home, so PLEASE release your books in an e-format!

• November 26, 2009 at 10:27 AM Julie Richardson

I am in love with John Grisham’s books & have read all but “Skipping Christmas”, which I cannot find & I’m wondering when, after this fantastic book “Ford County”, his next book will be available. I can’t wait for it!!!!