Grisham loves getting feedback from fans

Grisham loves getting feedback from fans

Grisham, who generally ignores critics’ reviews, loves getting feedback from fans.

“He certainly enjoys going out and meeting or hearing from his readers — and I think, in a slightly perverse way, he even enjoys getting the letters from readers who say, `I found a mistake on page 127,’” says Grisham’s longtime agent, David Gernert of the celebrity author. “There’s kind of a connection between John and his readers.”

“The publishing world needs superstars like Grisham, J.K. Rowling and Stephenie Myer to write popular fiction that sells books,” adds Gernert.

• February 6, 2009 at 7:25 PM Joe Altruda

Having read and thoroughly enjoyed each and every Grisham book, including The Associate, I am currently awaiting his next. Often interwoven with each and every gripping story, deep and descriptive plot and twist, compelling character, and sinister individual are contemporary issues and concerns. Sometimes, I find a personal connection to some of characters. With an advanced degree from Providence College, I felt a warm tug with Dale’s parents’ PC association in The Associate. Also, like Rick Dockery in Playing For Pizza, a son of an acquaintance in my town recently played
    quarterback for the Parma Panthers. Let’s hope we don’t have to wait too long for the next one!

• February 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM K. Farrell

I just finished reading The Associate and was extremely disappointed with the ending….or should I say…non-ending. He started out with such a fabulous plot but it seemed like he had no idea for an ending! Shame on you John Grisham! I expected more from you.

• February 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM Ron

I thoroughly enjoyed The Associate. Not to be a nitpicker, but I did find an error on page 177 where Manny is talking to Baxter and asking him questions. Then in the first paragraph Baxter all of a sudden becomes Kyle. “ Kyle felt as though he could chat for hours.” This in no way took anything away from a finely written book, I just wonder how this got past the publisher? Thanks Ron Smith

• February 11, 2009 at 11:58 AM Kelly Adams

I am dissapointed. I just read the Appeal. I am sure the intent was to have the surprise ending be not as usual, but I read fiction to retreat frrom everyday issues. There is enough greed and problems that stare us in the face every day. Although a well written book, i felt dirty when i was done. You, have lost a fan.

• February 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM Robin

Thanks for not giving in to the temptation of giving us Bernie & Nigel in jail, with Kyle and Dale living happily ever after. With due respect opinions expressed in the previous comments… unfortunately life isn’t as neat and tidy as one would like. Let be so with endings too. Noticed the “error on page 177” that Ron mentioned. Another moment though I think not to be an error per se, but didn’t “read quite right” was (page 364) at Pedro’s Bar when Kyle stops for a rum and cigar. Jimmy Buffett singing softly about the banana republic… Conch Republic (Key West) maybe but no bananas… Waiting for the 2010 release date.

• February 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM Jamie Albright

I am a 58 year old married mother of three daughters and one son. As an avid reader I was absolutely taken by your book: An Innocent Man It was beautifully written and it made me feel so many different emotions for Ron, Dennis and their families. No one should have to go through what they did. It also made me stop and think in terms of our death penalty that we would allow those innocent people to be mistakenly prosecuted. This is by far a story that needed to be told.
    Jamie

• February 13, 2009 at 4:52 PM Linda Jenkins

I am a huge fan of yours and probably have read all except the last of your books. You have proven that you can keep readers’ attention.
    Recently I saw a short video on Iron Mountain in Pennsylvania. I think that facility would be exciting enough to be included in one of your novels. Most people do not know it exists, and would be fascinated to learn about it. You have the skill to incorporate it into one of your works.

• February 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM Sandra Gell

Having read and enjoyed most of your books I was delighted when my son gave me The Associate for my birthday and polished it off in a couple of days. I agree with previous comments that life does not always have tidy endings but given so many loose ends are you planning on a sequel?