Your e-mail has been sent!
A problem has occured. Please try again.
- Was born in Jonesboro, Arkansas on February 8, 1955.
- Is 6’ 1” (1.85 m) tall.
- Married to Renee Jones Grisham (since May 8, 1981).
- The Grishams have two children, Ty (born in 1984; a 2005 graduate of U.Va.) and Shea (born in 1986).
- Has two brothers, Mark & Ken, and two sisters, Beth & Wendy.
- His parents are retired and live in Northern Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains.
- Bill Clinton is a distant cousin of Grisham’s.
- Graduated Southaven High School in Southaven, MS in 1973.
- Received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Mississippi State University in 1977.
- Earned his degree in law from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 1981.
- Was a member of The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the oldest, largest and most selective all-discipline honor society for land-grant and public colleges in the United States.
- Was a lawyer before becoming a writer.
- Returned to the courtroom to represent the family of a railroad brakeman who was killed on the job. Won the case (and over $650,000) for the family.
- Sold “A Time to Kill” to a small publisher, Wynwood Press, who did a 5000-copy print run, then he bought the remaindered copies, which he sold himself.
- Served two terms in the Mississippi House of Representatives from 1983 to 1990.
- Has written 22 books.
- Has 14 titles in the top 150, more than anyone else, and the most weeks at No. 1: 100, topping Rowling at 70.
- Books have sold 250 million copies worldwide in 40 languages, making him the best-selling author of the 1990s.
- Holds the title for authoring a number one bestselling novel of the year for seven consecutive years, from 1994 to 2000.
- Has 10 films that have been made from his books so far with an extra expected in 2012.
- Has casting approval rights for movies based on his novels.
- Has contributed over $400,000 to Democratic candidates since 1996.
- Donated $4,600 to the Hillary Clinton campaign and $1,000 to the Barack Obama campaign in the 2008 presidential campaign.
- Donated $50,000 to the Terry McAuliffe campaign in 2009.
- Organized and coaches Little League baseball in Virginia.
- The Grishams have six baseball fields on their property that they use for charity games and disadvantaged children.
- Is a board member of The Innocence Project.
- Is Oxford American magazine’s publisher, financier and patron saint since 1994.
- His favorite author is John Le Carre.
- Hotel Savoy in Florence is reported to be his favorite hotel in Italy (he wrote his novel “Playing for Pizza” at the hotel during an extended stay).
- Has a hotel suite named after him — the One Ocean Resort in Jacksonville offers the John Grisham Suite with an Atlantic view.
- Likes to smoke three or four premium cigars a week.
Book dates and ISBNs
- A Time to Kill (1989) ISBN 0385470819
- The Firm (1991) ISBN 0385416342
- The Pelican Brief (1992) ISBN 0385421982
- The Client (1993) ISBN 038542471X
- The Chamber (1994) ISBN 0385424728
- The Rainmaker (1995) ISBN 0385424736
- The Runaway Jury (1996) ISBN 0385442943
- The Partner (1997) ISBN 0385472951
- The Street Lawyer (1998) ISBN 0385490992
- The Testament (1999) ISBN 0385493800
- The Brethren (2000) ISBN 0385497482
- A Painted House (2001) ISBN 0385472951
- Skipping Christmas (2001) ISBN 0385506244
- The Summons (2002) ISBN 0385503822
- The King of Torts (2003) ISBN 0385508042
- Bleachers (2003) ISBN 0385511612
- The Last Juror (2004) ISBN 0385510438
- The Broker (2005) ISBN 0385510454
- The Innocent Man (2006) ISBN 0385517238
- Playing For Pizza (2007) ISBN 0385525001
- The Appeal (2008) ISBN 0385515049
- The Associate (2009) ISBN 0385517831
Sources: IMDB, Wikipedia
Would you please buy this awesome piece for me dear? :)